How do I find eBooks?
Follow these steps to find eBooks through the UHV Library catalog:
- Go to the library homepage
- Click on the Catalog icon
- Search for items either by topic (keyword), title or author
- Once in the results page, limit your results to Electronic Resources under the Format box on the left side of the page
- Click on the access link in the record to gain access
For some of our eBooks, you will be required to create a MyEBSCOhost account.
Our eBooks are available on various platforms and accessing them can slightly differ. Here are some things to know about eBooks in our collection:
- They are not all the same format. Some are PDF, some are EPUB. (This is kind of like the difference between a JPEG file and a TIFF file.)
- Some have limited user access (only one person can view or checkout at a time). Sometimes we own more than one copy and this can affect the number of users who can access the book concurrently.
- Some can be checked out and downloaded and some cannot. All can be viewed on a PC or MAC, you don't HAVE to download.
- Checkout periods vary. You can reduce the number of days you want to check something out, but you cannot extend it.
- Some allow print, copy and paste. Some do not. You will find this information when you click on the title in your results screen (see example below).
The best thing to do if you have questions about accessing an eBook is to contact us!
Links & Files
Was this helpful? 0 0